Sunday, 23 August 2015

Some Pretty Stitching

Hello lovely people!

When I went to the knitting and stitching show I saw Rowandean doing a small free class and it looked really interesting so I bought a small kit to try it.  You are given some fabric with a design printed on it and sheer bits of fabric and a selection of threads.  You can buy these kits on amazon now too.

Then you have to pin some o the sheer fabric over the flower heads and layer them over the grassy part until you are happy with the colours and arrangement.

I made sure to fray the edges of the sheer fabric to make it a bit more interesting.  Then I started to sew.  The stitches used are french knot, stem stitch, detached chain or lazy daisy stitch and wheat ear stitch.

It took me a few hours to complete this wee project and I think it looks really cute.  I just don't know what to do with it now?  I may make it into a needle case as my other one is falling apart.

 Dittery Dot

Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Wee dollies!

Hello lovely people!

I recently found these wee dolls that were given to me when I was 11 or 12 I think.  They are now sitting in my craft room in a little basket.  I don't know what make they are or much about them at all, I just think they are very cute and pretty.  

Dittery Dot

Thursday, 23 July 2015

A Wee Cot Bumper!

Hello lovely people!

Just a quick post today!  I was asked to make a baby cot bumper by my friend a while ago and only getting round to post about it now.  She wanted it to be smart,calming and have a pattern without it being really busy and fussy.  I found this lovely cotton star material in Mandors in Glasgow.  

If you want to make something similar it is simple as long as you measure the cot properly and remember to allow enough excess fabric to tuck under the mattress!  I used some thin wadding as the padding and attached some blue satin ribbon to tie it too the cot.

I even made some bunting with his name on it!  I made sure to use the same ribbon and chose a simple cream cotton fabric for the flags.

Dittery Dot

Self portraits!

Hello lovely people!

I wanted to share this fantastic picture that a wee girl in my class drew!  It really made me laugh and is a very good likeness!  After I took it home she complained that it hadn't been coloured in so I had to take it back to school for her to complete.

This inspired me to start drawing again and doing some painting.  So I have been painting some of my dolls onto watercolour paper.

I had to build the colour up in layers and wait for it to dry before I added another colour.

I like the finished painting and I just need to do some more!

Dittery Dot

Monday, 1 June 2015

Peggy Dollies!

Hello lovely people!

I have been very busy with work etc and wanted to do some drawing and start a sketchbook.  I want to make up my ow characters and designs to make brooches and bags etc.  I thought that the dolls I make would be a good starting point.  I like drawing and am always doodling on scrap bits of paper at work and on my hand when I get bored.  So I came up with some doll designs and here they are :)  I have based them on friends and myself and I used coloured pencil to add a bit of depth and colour.

This is Dittery Dot.
She always has a bow or flower in her hair and loves to sew!

This is Kate.
Her hair is always in a plait and she loves to go out in the sunshine.

This is Wee Granny.
She loves her roses and the smell of lavender.

This is Lola-rose.
She loves to dress up and has a quiet, gentle nature.

This is Lou-lou.
She loves lace and buttons and baking is her favourite past-time.

Dittery Dot

Mini Crafts

Hello lovely people!

Over the past few weeks we have been doing mini crafts at craft club.  I worked with Year 1 and Year 2 this time and had a planned to do a different cradft each week to keep them interested and engaged.

Week One

The first week we learnt how to make 3D bird cages out of paper.  The children then decorated the bird inside and the cage.  I think they are all fantastic and look so individual. 

Week Two

In week Two we looked at superheroes and what would your super power be!  This was my hero - craft girl!  These were made from woodedn spoons with wee felt capes and wool, feathers and sequins to decorate.

Week Three

In week three we were using pasta to decorate small cardboard boxes and using the pasta to make repeating patterns onto butterfly drawings.

These are the finished boxes and they look wonderful!

Week Four

In week four we were looking at printing techniques and used old corks and bottle caps to create tree pictures.

After we did this we used cotton buds dipped in paint to dab around some stencils.  We then used a hairdryer to make sure the paint set correctly.

These are the finished pencil cases!  The children really took their time and created some lovely designs and patterns.

Dittery Dot